SeeVay is a baby product store that provides comprehensive safety checklists and a curated selection of high-quality, safe baby products. Our mission is to give new moms peace of mind by ensuring their baby’s safety is always top of mind.
Summer is here and the mosquitos are back in full force! Check out these DEET-free, kid-friendly mosquito repellent patches from BuzzPatch!
Disclosure: The folks at BuzzPatch sent me some samples to try of their Mosquito Patches and Itch Relief Patches.
These easy-to-use mosquito repellent patches contain Citronella and undiluted essential oils to make a unique custom blend on the non-woven fabric patches.
I walk on the local greenway in the woods every week so I put on one of the patches just before I took a 1 hour walk last week. I placed one on each sock since I seem to get bit on the ankles and legs a lot. The directions on the package indicate that you should “attach the sticky side to your clothes closest to your exposed skin.”
I will say that I did not get bit at all while wearing the BuzzPatch patch mosquito repellent patches! I have used them a couple times since then and have not been bit, either.
The patches have a citronella scent that is a bit strong when you first open the package but is pleasant and does not smell strong once they are out of the package and were on my clothing. I was able to remove the patches easily and they did not fall off during use.
I really like that they are DEET-free and don’t involve a sticky or chemical smelling spray.
I can definitely recommend these patches and plan to give some to friends with kids to use as well.
According to the company, there are a number of benefits to using the BuzzPatch Mosquito Patches including:
* Safe to wear on outer clothing.
* The scent creates a virtual shield, camouflaging kids from mosquitos
* Non-intrusive, effective, non-toxic, and DEET-free
* Developed by scientists to be 100% kid-safe and all-natural
* Made from Citronella and lavender essential oils, with adhesive patches made from medical-grade tape
* Most effective in the first eight hours and continues to be effective for 24 to 72 hours from opening
* Come in resealable packs to keep the freshness in for up to six months
* Each pack contains 60 assorted colors and fun designs for everyone
* Price: Starting at $12 per pack (60 patches in each pack)
The company also makes Itch Relief Patches, although I did not get bit, so I have not needed to try them.
For more information, visit https://buzzpatch.com.
You can also follow them @buzz.patch on Instagram.
At SeeVay, we know that the safety and well-being of your baby is your top priority. That’s why we’re dedicated to providing you with the tools you need to make sure you’re always on top of your baby’s safety. We understand that being a new mom can be overwhelming, and there’s so much information out there that it can be hard to know where to start.